Have you ever said something in anger that you couldn’t take back? Acted out in a way that you weren’t proud of? Have difficulty expressing your feelings when in a heightened state of emotion? If so, “Healthy Expressions” may be a course for you!
Anger is often a secondary emotion. What does that mean? Well, it means that if you look past the anger, you will more than likely see there are many other emotions that are felt. Some common ones are feeling unheard, unappreciated, disrespected, and hurt. It also could be a sense of injustice and/or unfairness. When this happens, anger is the go-to emotion and these primary emotions are not communicated effectively and therefore unheard. In this 6 week course we focus on creating a better understanding of emotions and how to more effectively express them.
What you will learn:
- Gain a better understanding of underlying emotions to anger
- Enhance awareness of unhelpful thinking styles that contribute to anger
- Improve awareness of anger styles
- Gain communication strategies to more effectively express emotions
- Implement coping strategies for managing emotions
- Identify self care techniques